Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Entry #2 What Do I Even Blog About Now?
Wow. Being asked to find your own blog topic is a lot harder than it seems. The world is full of endless things to write about, and thats the problem. There are so many topics that it is nearly impossible to narrow it down to just one. With that being said, I feel that I am compelled to talk about something that I feel is pretty big in today's society... How the internet affects peoples healthy lifestyles. Whenever i'm scrolling through Instagram's explore page I constantly see pictures of people's health journeys. For example, I always come across a page named @plankingforpizza. I think it is so crazy how much people's comments about someone can either make them or break them when it comes to their weight loss journey. People who publicly post their weight loss journey's on social media usually get a TON of positive comments. I cannot get over the fact that in this sometimes cruel and ugly world, we still have great people that are willing to motivate a complete stranger to better themselves. Now when it comes to the opposite of this, which is negative comments, I think it's sad that people actually take the time out of their day to put someone down like that. Having a healthy lifestyle is much easier in my opinion when social media is involved. It is so great that so many people can come together to encourage strangers or even people they know to live a healthier lifestyle. I think it is important to keep this positivity going and to continue to encourage people via the internet. Happy blogging! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Entry #11 Farewell
Well... This could potentially be my last blog ever. I am going to tell you all about my blogging experience. I am finally at the end of m...
-
Here I am again, having to google what to blog about... I wish I knew why I'm having such a hard time finding my own topics. I think th...
-
When asked what my opinion on blogging is, I would say that I think they're great. Blogging provides a place for people to just let fre...
-
Hello everybody! My name is Dakota and I am 18 years old. I currently attend Glendale Community College (GCC) and am taking an english cla...
I totally agree! Seeing people post about their progress on social media is awesome and I love to see them succeed. All of the negative comments are just from people who are insecure about themselves so they wish bad fortune on other people to make themselves feel better.
ReplyDeleteI am writing an essay on the effects of social media and you pretty much just summed it up. It can be a really good thing, or a really bad thing depending on how you use it.
ReplyDeleteDakota--Your blog is starting off well. You have a comfortable voice and prett good context (lead in and sign off). Keep working on development (analysis, point and support) to create significance for your reader. Good visual appeal.
ReplyDelete