Monday, April 10, 2017
Entry #5 Do We Need More College Graduates?
For my english class we had to read an article and write our thoughts on it. First of all, i'm going to start by saying how important college is to me personally. Since I was young enough to remember, going to college and getting a degree has always been engraved into my head. Not going to college was never an option for me or anyone in my family. With that being said, I find it very interesting that the article mentioned how better educated households have higher financial stability in the future. Since I think it is very important to go to school and get an education, I think it is great that they are setting a goal to educate at least 60 percent of Arizona by the year 2030. I love this goal and feel it will have nothing but a positive outcome. I feel that as time passes jobs are accepting less and less people because they don't have a college degree. Having an education is very important in my opinion. It is crazy to me that as of right now only 42 percent of Arizona has a degree or training past high school. Being in college and seeing the benefits from it, I realize how great it is. One thing that I think should be changed if they want to get to 60 percent, is the cost of school. I truly do believe a lot of people don't get an education past high school simply because they cannot afford it. This, in my opinion, has a huge impact on the fact that there is only 42 percent right now. This article really made me realize how many people actually don't have a college education and I think it should be more easy for people to acquire. I really enjoyed reading this and am very hopeful for the future. I think America is way too smart to not be educated past a high school diploma. As always, happy blogging! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Entry #11 Farewell
Well... This could potentially be my last blog ever. I am going to tell you all about my blogging experience. I am finally at the end of m...
-
Here I am again, having to google what to blog about... I wish I knew why I'm having such a hard time finding my own topics. I think th...
-
When asked what my opinion on blogging is, I would say that I think they're great. Blogging provides a place for people to just let fre...
-
Hello everybody! My name is Dakota and I am 18 years old. I currently attend Glendale Community College (GCC) and am taking an english cla...
Getting AZ to 60% would be an amazing feat. I think another reason there are not more teens going straight to college, in addition to school being expensive, is the fact that there is way too much emphasis on testing in middle-high school. These poor kids are tested and tested and tested. Many kids see high school graduation as the light at the end of the tunnel. If there was a way to re-structure what we deem important in school, there would be more of an appeal to continue with higher education. Good for you for continuing your education! Keep it up and go as far as you can. Nothing bad can ever come from continuing to educate yourself.
ReplyDelete