Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Entry #7 Hashtag

I like getting actual topics to write about even more than I like having to pick my own.  This week my assignment is to talk about hashtags.  Do people really even use hashtags?  Just kidding I know the answer to that.... OF COURSE THEY DO!! Hashtags are used to put a "tag" on something so you an easily find it.  At least I think that's what they're for.  Hashtags are everywhere.  I see them on social media, on billboards, in magazines, they are pretty much anywhere you can think of.  
This just shows how much hashtags are used.  

One thing that I really notice a lot when talking about hashtags is television.  I watch reality t.v. shows often and i'm pretty sure every single show I watch has it's own hashtag.  I think that sometimes they are overused.  For example, whenever I'm on Instagram there are certain people that feel the need to put (what seems like) 200 hashtags on one picture just so they can get more likes.  Here is an example...

I don't think hashtags can really be "harmful", but to some they might be annoying.   I personally do not use hashtags, I think they are really annoying and I don't see a purpose in them.  Although there are many "popular" hashtags, I don't really know of many.  Some of the ones I'm familiar with are your typical, #selfie, #throwbackthursday, and #WCW.  I think most of these are hashtags that my generation came up with.  I believe (hope) that one day hashtags will die down and no longer mean anything to anyone.  Hashtags started as a cool trend but I think they will start to become insignificant sooner than later.  

1 comment:

  1. I dont think hashtags are ment to be harmful either they make us aware of many things that are happening around the world!

    ReplyDelete

Entry #11 Farewell

Well... This could potentially be my last blog ever.  I am going to tell you all about my blogging experience.  I am finally at the end of m...