Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Entry #8 YouTube Tutorials

In class for the past two weeks we have been writing an essay on anything as long as it relates back to some type of media.  I chose to write about the cons of social media.  As you all probably already know, there are many forms of social media.  One of my favorite's is YouTube!  


When you're on YouTube I'm pretty sure there is everything you could possibly imagine on there.  There's shows, movies, funny videos, sad videos, but most importantly tutorials!!  I think this is something I really enjoy about YouTube.  The fact that you can literally type anything into the search bar and more than likely find a tutorial on it.  

What I think is funny about this is I watch tutorials for things that don't even matter to me.  For example, I watch makeup tutorials all the time and I don't even wear makeup very often.  One of my favorite YouTube channels is NikkieTutorials



These people that create channels and use them often are really devoted to their followers.  One thing I really thought was interesting about YouTube is that there are many users that use it almost as a blog.  My brother watches this guy who does pranks, but also makes videos dedicated to family vacations, his dog dying, or even what the gender of his baby is going to be.  

After going on YouTube and typing "tutorial" into the search bar, almost everything that came up was a makeup tutorial.  I think that makeup tutorials have really taken off and people are getting very famous off of them.  It is crazy how much YouTube has taken off in the past two years.  I never remember there being so many tutorials when I was younger.  Now you can find a tutorial for almost anything.  

Now you know that next time you need helping doing something, there is more than likely a tutorial on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entry #11 Farewell

Well... This could potentially be my last blog ever.  I am going to tell you all about my blogging experience.  I am finally at the end of m...