Monday, April 10, 2017

Entry #6 Here I Am Again....

Here I am again, having to google what to blog about... I wish I knew why I'm having such a hard time finding my own topics.  I think that this time I'm going to pick something that really interests me.  With that being said, this blog entry is going to be all bout cooking!  You may or may not know this, but right now I am going to school and taking 16 credit hours as well as working part time.  So free time to me is kind of non-existent.  Although, when I do have free time I often cook dinner for my family, or bake desserts.  I think my love for cooking was brought upon me when I was old enough to actually use all the utensils in the kitchen and was able to come home after school and plan what I wanted to cook for dinner that night.  My favorite part of cooking is that fact that although you have recipes to follow, you can tweak them and make them your own.  My favorite thing to cook is pastas and basically anything Italian. My grandma is Italian and has given me a lot of family recipes that I love recreating and putting my own twist on them.  Tonight I actually made minestrone soup that was delicious!  Another huge reason I love cooking so much is because it is a big stress reliever for me.  If I have a lot of homework or something and I can't stop stressing, if I start cooking a meal I completely forget all about everything.  I think that it is very important to have a hobby/interest in life that takes all of your stress away and really relaxes you.  Mine just so happen to be cooking and baking.  I hope you find something that takes all your stress away just like cooking does for me.  Happy blogging. :)

3 comments:

  1. Dakota, I totally know what you mean when you mention school, work, and zero free time. I am taking 19 credit hours this semester to finish my associates (in one year!!) and working 24 hrs. per week at a local steel factory. Somehow, I still find time to enjoy my family and hobbies. In times of tension and stress (which I have a lot of) I worship God. Singing praises to Him reminds me of all the good He has done for me and how He always has my best interests in mind. He is my source of peace when everything around me is chaotic.

    P.S. You should check out "The Great British Baking Show"! I think you'd like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you! As a college student and part time employee, it's difficult to even find free time. I understand your struggle one hundred percent. I'm glad you found the time to write this blog though. I like the tone and attitude of your posts and you also have great content. What would make this post even better though is if you linked some recipes you were thinking of trying or any of your favorite ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dakota--Your new entries are pretty good. You have some interesting topics and ideas. Good. Keep working on your rhetorical context--your set up specifically. Keep digging into your analysis and development as well. And, don't forget about visual engagement, which is not only images and video, but it is also about text formatting.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #11 Farewell

Well... This could potentially be my last blog ever.  I am going to tell you all about my blogging experience.  I am finally at the end of m...